Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A place I know well

A place that I know well is the Rogue River valley below Galice, OR. This area of the river is known as the "wild and scenic" section because there is no roads along or anywhere near the river. This is one of the most beautiful places in the world. There's giant trees everywhere and rock walls surround the river. In the summer all you can hear is birds singing and insects buzzing while the smell of pine mixed with an endless amount different beautiful scents fills the air. If you try to walk along the river in a mile in either direction you'll be sure to find a number of loud roaring creeks, water as clear and cold as a stream could be. Wildlife roams the Area like nothing else. Dear, bear, blue herons, otters, beavers, ducks, and many other animals clearly own the land as they are to be found on every stretch of every corner. The Rogue valley is by far one of my favorite places in the world. I like it so much I'd be willing to drop everything and live there as a Hermit for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Awsome! I was just in Gelice over the weekend, love it there! The park Indian Mary Park thats there is my great great great grandma, i love going there. it's cool to see that someone knows the beautiful sside of Oregon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i definetly agree on the Rogue Valley being one of the most beautiful places in the world, it would be a wonderful place to be a hermit.

    ReplyDelete