Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blog on Bloging

So one of the biggest things I’ve got out of this class is a will to keep bloging. I believe bloging gives me the perfect chance to rant, rave, and spew my opinions. Though I haven’t exercised my bloging to much aside from class work, I plan take full advantage of this new era in digital journalism. In every story I’ve wrote so far I’ve managed to throw some personal opinion in at some point witch throws the whole thing out of whack. Writing a blog gives me the perfect chance to go off and state my opinion about whatever I feel.

The main influence in keeping me going with the blogs was when I found a blog written by one of my favorite musicians, Brendan Kelly, the bassist of The Lawrence Arms, a punk rock trio based out of Chicago Illinois. The Blog is titled “The bad Sandwich Chronicles” and can be found in the “Influential musicians” portion of my blog list. So Brendan has already wrote some of my favorite songs from the last 10 year, so it’s not like I haven’t already been impressed by his writing. He tends to write about 1000 words everyday about his life, what’s going on in the world, giving cheesy advice, and just going off about random bullshit. It’s so great! It would always make my day to come into class and slowly read through what Brendan had to say while Robs given’ us the low-down on what to do. I’ve even recently found myself logging on daily checking for updates.

Being a fellow musician I understand how important it is to exercise writing at every possible moment. Seeing similar thoughts as mine with a strong mix of humor and opinion mixed in that’s posted by someone I truly respect as a writer has influenced me to do a similar practice. I’m hoping to shoot for 3 blog posts a week. That’ll be the goal. I plan to Rant ON and ON!! Spew senseless Jargon about anything and nothing, and most of all, confuse the fu*k out of everybody!! So if you’ld like to stick around and see what the future brings, I invite you all!!! Who knows what crazy topics I’ll come up with!?!?! Anyone have any Ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment