Wednesday, April 8, 2009

NEWS and REPORTING Story#1 Stimulas Construction on Campus

The story I’m working on is about construction accruing campus as part of a stimulus package awarded to the by the Governor. So far in preparation for this story I’ve talked to a couple people. The key guy was Fred Haynes, The dean of engineering and industrial technology. Fred was important in gathering the facts about what is actually going on. He’s the one that sent the email/press release with the bulk of the information. I also talked to a Lady who works in the science department, unfortunately I forgot my notes over at a buddy’s house so I don’t have her name at the second, but as we all know as for construction goes the science department has been next to a total war zone of jackhammers and nail guns. Witch is why I was pleasantly surprised to find that she was all for the benefits of the construction taking place. “Their building our new Science Building” she exclaimed. She referred me to another person she believes I should interview about the situation, once again the name is temporarily misplaced in my notes but I’m pretty sure his first name was Dan. Unfortunately Dan isn’t going to be in until sometime Thursday and of course the story is due Wednesday, but I still plan on getting an interview with him and finding some information to make my story’s final cut.
As far as my story goes I’ve got all the information I need to at least lead off to a good start. That’s the problem with me and story’s though is getting them started. Sometimes I start over and over. It’s all about finding myself in the right place with the right mindset. Sometimes it’s even easier to start from the middle or end. The trick for me is to just get something written down that I feel comfortable with. I guess you could call it a foundation. I need a foundation for my Story, and once I pave that worded concrete. My story will build itself from there like nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment