Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How the Playstation 3 changed my life

About three days ago, I was at the end of my rope. Burnt out on the scene, lying drunk, naked in the gutter. The pressure of school and life had been building up, and just when I thought I couldn’t take it anymore, a sign of hope flew down from the sky like the stork delivering a long-awaited baby to the parent.

The Playstation 3 had come into my life. It had been a tremendous three-year wait, which in my eyes had seemed like an eternity. This wasn’t just any normal Playstation 3. It was a highly uncommon backwards-compatible unit that I had scored off craigslist over the weekend.

“Backwards-compatible” means that the unit will play both Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 games, as well as the intended Playstation 3. In my opinion, Sony has made a huge mistake and disgraced its customers by doing away with the backwards-compatibility feature on the new Playstation 3s. It’s sad to see a good thing go, but if you’re determined, you can still find one on E-bay or craigslist. They are out there.

Since bringing home the Playstation 3, I’ve had a whole new outlook on life. I’ve felt happier in life and the world just seems like better place. The irony of the story is that after spending more money than anyone ever should on a gaming system, I’ve found myself to have put in about 15 minutes on actual playstation 3 games, and about 4 hours on an original Playstation classic known as Final Fantasy 7. I’ve got one Playstation 3 game lined up to play and about 5 original Playstation games that I can’t wait to get to.

I know it seems odd to push aside the technology and advances in modern video games to play the classics, but I couldn’t be happier doing so.

1 comment:

  1. You wrote: "I’ve found myself to have put in about 15 minutes on actual playstation 3 games, and about 4 hours on an original Playstation classic known as Final Fantasy 7"

    I guess that is why classics are called classic.

    ReplyDelete